Monday, July 29, 2013

A Weekend full of Worship

This weekend was full of fun and exciting things. Friday was a pretty typical day for me. I had to work that day and then that night after work I had a youth leader meeting and we planned some more exciting things for out youth group! (I can't wait to share) 

On Saturday me and the other youth leaders had the wonderful opportunity to take our youth kids to an event called Shake the City. Shake the City is an event that's held every last Saturday of the month. This month was the second time we took our youth. The event was held in Uptown Charlotte, NC. We got to praise and worship our Lord and Savior with a bunch of other youth groups and spread the Word of God to people walking by. It was an amazing experience and I love watching our youth kids get involved and praise God! I'm so grateful that I got to experience this event with our youth group and can't wait to go again next month!
Here are some pictures from Saturday night...


















On Sunday I had the privilege of teaching the youth group girls a great lesson on being grateful and content with what God has blessed you with. It was awesome to hear the girls share some personal things that they were grateful for and to hear their heart for Christ! Then on Sunday night I had a few friends come over for dinner and a movie. It was a great time of fellowship and fun. We watched the Disney/Pixar movie Up. I had never seen it before and I really enjoyed it.




I had a really great weekend and I'm so thankful for the amazing friends, family, and opportunities that the Lord has given me!


Sami's Shenanigans





Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment