Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Getaway to...Columbia, SC

This weekend was SO much fun! I was invited to go down to Columbia with my two best friends, Jessica and Melissa. We all work together so we left right after work on Friday and got into Columbia around 8:00 that night. We hung out and listened (and danced) to music, ate pizza, and watched movies. On Saturday night the couple we were staying with took us to go horse back riding. Now I have wanted to go horse back riding for a while now so I was super excited to be able to ride horses. Well twenty minutes after we got to the horses I broke out in hives! I had to leave to go get some benedryl because the hives were getting bad fast so  I was unable to ride, but my friends still got to ride so I was glad they got to enjoy riding. Saturday night we went dancing. We started out at a line dancing place then ended up at a Salsa dancing club. The Salsa dancing was the highlight of the night! We all had so much fun! On Sunday morning we went to church and heard an awesome message on Spreading the Word of God and how we are obligated as Christians to spread God's Love and Word. It was a great message that I needed to hear and be reminded of what God is doing with the youth at my church. Sunday night when I got home I had the other Youth Leaders over for some pizza and fellowship. It was a great night.The weekend went by so fast but I'm glad I got to have that time away with Jessica and Melissa and got to spend some time with my friends and fellow youth leaders. I thank God everyday for the amazing people he has put in my life!

Here are some pictures from the weekend...Enjoy!


Ready for a weekend of fun!


Here are my hives!


Jessica with the horse she got to ride



Dancing 









Sami's Shenanigans








No comments:

Post a Comment